Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Angus was left at a big shelter by owners who said he was 15 and a wonderful dog with no health problems; they couldn’t remember where they got him, maybe from CraigsList? We did labwork which showed that he was heading into kidney failure so we found an ODH home for him. On the way out of the shelter he had quite a nosebleed. Unfortunately, he also started having occasional seizures and the nosebleeds have continued occasionally as well. Since we discovered from tracing his microchip that he was 12 (not 15), the owners were right only on the “wonderful dog” comment: he fit in easily to his new home and is a delight to live with. Angus visited a specialty center and had an MRI and rhinoscopy, looking for cause of the nosebleeds and seizures. Luckily nothing bad such as a tumor was found, so we will treat the symptoms medically, along with his kidney disease, and hope that he has many happy months ahead of him.
A wonderful dog should be wanted and well cared for – and loved.
Angus is sponsored by:
- Elizabeth Groff of Phoenix, AZ in memory of "Tisha" (12/31/2017)
- LuAna & Ricky Boykins of Kennesaw, GA (12/31/2018)
- Susan K. Anderson of Seattle, WA (02/28/2017)
- Anne-Marie & Ira Worden of Kirkland WA in honor of Mary, Ken, and "Ziva" Niles (11/30/2018)
- Karen Zook of Yakima, WA for Brian Tustison (11/30/2018)
- Shannon VanSenus and Mike Izumi of Shoreline, WA (11/30/2019)
- Wanda & Dan Preston of Mineola, TX (01/31/2018)