Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Barley is a 13 year old Basset/Corgi mix. He was surrendered to a shelter by his owner who requested he be euthanized for aggression. After spending a few moments with Barley you would never believe it! He is the most laid-back and happy pup around! He is not without his ailments however. He suffers from severe arthritis and a semi-deformed ear due to a past infection that went untreated.
I forgot to mention that I think Barley may have some memory loss because he completely forgot he was 13 years old. He runs around and plays with his toys as if he were a puppy. He listens well when you tell him that your food is not for him, but forgets it very quickly if something falls on the floor. If it hits the ground, it belongs to Barley.
This sweet boy will spend all day laying on his back to give prime belly rubbing position, but will roll back over if he has a nice blanket to curl up with.
Barley is a master of puppy yoga. He is absolutely loved by everyone that meets him!
Barley is sponsored by:
- Wanda & Gary Walsh of Sheridan, WY in honor of Scooter, Lexi, Kielly & Sadie - Lifetime Sponsor
- Sue Hilton of Bellingham, WA - in memory of my Bassets--Lucy, Prudence, Wilma, Olivia Jean, and Emmy Lou (01/31/2025)
- Victor Nosce - Lifetime
- The Gibbons Family (01/31/2025)
- Deanna Woodruff of Sammamish, WA in memory of our beloved basset Mindy - Lifetime
- Emily Lewis of University Place, WA (03/31/2024)
- Denise and Rob Caswell of Mount Vernon, WA in loving memory of my Bassett Mable (Mabeline) ..Miss her so much! - Lifetime Sponsor
- Jennifer Cross of Everett, WA (01/31/2025)
- Jenny Williams-Bjork of Edgewood, WA (02/29/2024)
- Ryan & Jill Perovich of Redmond, WA (05/31/2024)