Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
The sweetest thing
This little cup of sugar came to her new family blind and mostly deaf. Not a problem; she blithely adapted with radar smelling, excellent brain mapping of her surroundings and feeling vibrations.
Cupcake figured out the house in a week, noted all of the beds and found one of the family cats to be an excellent sleeping companion. She now alerts the family to meal times with her impeccable internal clock and, as an Olympic level cuddler, claimed within days the prime center snoozing position in the people bed. There she tucks her tiny nose into her “moms” elbow and, with a look of pure bliss, conks out.
Her family supposedly “rescued” her but inspirational Cupcake, with her gentle and trusting way instead elevated the spirits of all she lives with.
Cupcake is sponsored by:
- Rhianna Kogut of San Diego, CA (10/31/2018)
- Susana Ortiz of Issaquah, WA (10/31/2018)
- Janet & Stephen Goff of Port Townsend, WA (02/28/2018)
- Renee Ellestad of Mount Vernon, WA in memory of Eric Matson (02/28/2018)
- Diane Giese of Thomaston, ME (12/31/2018)
- Rebecca Szper of Seattle, WA (12/31/2018)