Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Freddy and Barney have been together all of their lives and were turned into the shelter when their owner went into a care facility. They were adopted right away but the new owners found they were not housebroken so kept them outside. They received no grooming for over six months and you could not even see Freddy’s eyes or face when we picked them up.
After grooming they looked and felt much better. Both dogs are missing most of their teeth and Freddy has been diagnosed with a genetic heart condition. The doctor was surprised that he had lived such a long, normal life.
Barney, (white with black) is very mellow and loves to nap and cuddle. He will do anything for a treat and a rub. Freddy (tan) is the opposite. He thinks he is a 100 lb tough Rottweiler. He runs with the big dogs, stands up and barks at dogs ten times his size and is quite the tough guy. He still plays with stuffed animals and wrestles with his much larger foster sister.
These two dogs are living the good life now and don’t have a care in the world. They have been a wonderful addition to their Final Refuge family!
Freddy and Barney is sponsored by:
- Elizabeth Longo of Auburn, WA (07/31/2023)
- Deanna Woodruff of Sammamish, WA - Lifetime Sponsor
- Mark Hayes of Tacoma, WA (07/31/2024)
- Jenny Aleksich of Arcadia, CA (11/30/2022)
- In loving memory of Rick and Doogan Bueller, best husband and golden ever (11/30/2022)
- Ann Kahr of Tacoma, WA (11/30/2022)
- Rebecca Tucker of Vancouver, WA (08/31/2023)
- in recognition of Cascade Pet Hospital and in memory of Boubon (03/31/2023)