Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Hawkeye was brought in stray to a large shelter, at 13-15 years old with advanced osteoarthritis and testicular lesions. It was love at first sight for most everyone at the shelter, as he gamboled and pranced around the yard with the volunteers as best he could, cutting Old Man Zoomies (for about ten feet) with a huge smile on his handsome face. When he wasn’t claimed, long-time ODH foster and shelter volunteer Dianne began working to find him a place with Old Dog Haven. Shelter staff confirmed placement, ran labs and the shelter veterinary staff performed his neuter and scrotal ablation and sent the masses to pathology. The shelter’s senior dog foster coordinator (and ODH foster) Elizabeth sent him for post-op recuperation with one of his biggest fans, shelter volunteer Lark and her family of kids and assorted rescue animals. After a week of recovery, Hawkeye was welcomed into his Final Refuge home where he settled in immediately with ODH foster “sister” Zoey and resident senior dog and cats.
We were thrilled to learn that the testicular growths were benign tumors. Despite weeks at the shelter, Hawkeye was still cheerful and happy to know everyone he meets – human or animal. He seems particularly fond of kids. He’s already charming folks at his local pet boutique, long-time ODH supporters Paddywack (owner Shane took the photo of him at the store), and pretty much everywhere he goes. Hawkeye looks forward to meeting many new friends at ODH outreach events.
Hawkeye is sponsored by:
- Richard Smale of Mill Creek, WA in honor of "Tor" (07/31/2019)
- Gary Larsen of Lynnwood, WA (07/31/2019)
- Matt Oberfield Veterinary Transplant Services of Kent, WA in recognition of the staff at Shelton Veterinary Hospital & in memory of 'Zeffer' & 'Boomer' (11/30/2018)
- Linda Hatcher of Tumwater, WA (02/28/2019)
- John Strampher of Puyallup, Washington in memory of "Maisie”, “Mia”, “Buffy”, “Ebby” & “Duchess" (12/31/2018)
- Nicole Walsh of Kenmore, WA (01/31/2019)
- Xena and John Downs of Lynnwood, WA as a gift for Tatiana & Jim Beiting (02/28/2019)