Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
From the Final Refuge Family of Honey Deux:
Our first ODH dog is home! She is eating and doing well. She is really smelly, but we tried to get her into the walk in shower and she simply was not interested and we didn’t want to stress her out. We cleaned and treated the really bad ear infection and will continue that until we can see the vet for her intake exam where all her medical issues will be addressed. Hopefully we can get her weight down as she is very overweight, but can only take short walks at this time. She lets us know when she is done! Sits down and that’s that!
She is most comfortable in the bed that came with her, so we are just letting her stay there until our resident dog decides she is her friend. Walking them together and letting them get used to each other. This beauty LOVES to be brushed, which is a good thing given her coat!
Post grooming update: I thought she was beautiful before, but just look at her now! The groomer bathed her twice before brushing and cutting. She no longer smells like she just came out of a barn and she is super soft with no more hair mats. (Borrowed our granddaughters tiara for a pic of Princess Honey Deux). I’m afraid my husband and I are both desperately in love!!
I think her tail is on “auto”. Any time we come anywhere near her it wags like crazy!
We are so grateful to have this sweet pup in our lives and she lets us know that she is grateful as well. Thank you to Old Dog Haven for making all this possible!
Honey Deux is sponsored by:
- Paul Blackburn of Mount Vernon, WA - Lifetime Sponsor
- Allison Riley of Kent, WA - Lifetime Sponsor
- Barbara McColgan of Port Townsend, WA - Lifetime Sponsor
- Alex Campbell of Denver, CO - Lifetime Sponsor
- Nancy Pesci of Olympia, WA - Lifetime
- Amanda & Mark Geers of Sammamish, WA in honor of Chrishna Stevens - Lifetime Sponsor
- Mona Moloney of Auburn, WA (07/31/2024)
- Cindy Knapp of Bothell, WA - in memory of Gilly, my big boy (08/31/2024)
- Taylor Robinson of Olalla, WA in memory of Bru Bru (09/30/2023)