Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Jasper found himself in need of a home when his original owner passed away and there was no one able to care for him. His owner’s caretaker took him in and contacted an Old Dog Haven volunteer to help Jasper find a forever home. When he arrived in his foster home, Jasper was extremely overweight and seemed to have some untreated health issues that needed to be addressed.
As with every dog Old Dog Haven takes into their care, Jasper received an extensive medical exam to diagnose and help manage ongoing medical issues. His bloodwork and health symptoms made us suspect he might have Cushing’s disease so he received an ultrasound and further testing which confirmed this diagnosis. Luckily, no treatment is currently needed and he was put on arthritis medication to help with his mobility issues associated with his age and weight. With changes to his diet and daily exercise, Jasper eventually lost almost 30 lbs and is now the fastest old dog in the house.
Jasper has been the perfect houseguest and fits right into our busy household. His exciting morning schedule includes chasing off deer and rabbits in the yard with his best friend, Sarge, and going for long walks before settling in for an afternoon nap. This gentle giant will spend the rest of his carefree life surrounded by many old dog friends and a family that truly loves him.
Jasper (Lab) is sponsored by:
- Morgan Simpson of Walnut Creek, CA (09/30/2024)
- Lisa Hayes of Washington, DC - in honor of Gail (01/31/2025)
- Anonymous (05/31/2024)
- Katherine Busching & Rick Smale of Mill Creek, WA - in memory of Sophie & Dee Dee (10/31/2024)
- Michele & Adam Belcher of Sultan, WA - Jasper I love you! (11/30/2024)
- Judith Browne of Switzerland - Recurring (05/31/2024)
- Elizabeth Sagmiller of Salem, OR (04/30/2025)
- LuAna & Ricky Boykins of Kennesaw, GA - in honor of our loving labs - Buster, Casey & Gunner - Lifetime Sponsor
- Karen Malen-Hogle of Shoreline, WA - in honor of our great Guide Dogs for the Blind - Lifetime Sponsor
- In honor and loving memory of Zephyr (01/31/2025)
- Susan Anastasio of New York, NY (03/31/2024)