Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Koda, a 14-year-old shepherd mix, was surrendered to a shelter when her previous owners had to move. When ODH got the call about her, we were told she was arthritic, had early kidney disease, but most concerning was that she was shut down. She also was very skittish and didn’t know what love was. She wasn’t comfortable to be really close to people or be touched. She also had an ear infection.
Since Koda has been with her Final Refuge family, she has received medications to help with the arthritis and reduce the pain. She has continued her check ups for her chronic ear infections, and has received dental work to help with the infection in her gums – thanks to Old Dog Haven.
For being arthritic and old, Koda loves to run and play, especially on sunny days. She has made friends with another dog, Bailey. When she gets around him she pounces and plays like a puppy. It is so heartwarming to see!
Koda came to us with a very finicky taste for food, after her dental work we have now found dog food that she loves! Koda has been adopted into a family of 2 doggy sisters, a kitty sister, and chicken sisters. She loves to go on walks daily and has figured out how to walk on a leash quite well. She loves to cuddle up and nap, but her favorite thing is that there is a comfy doggy bed in every room.
Koda is sponsored by:
- Barbara Maurer of New Bern, NC in memory of "Missy", "Kinsey", and "Sneakers"
- Tina Perovich of Kent, WA
- Greg Hugh in honor of Brandy (07/31/2020)
- Richard Smale of Mill Creek, WA in memory of "Sophie" & "Dee Dee" (04/30/2020)
- Anne Grimstad of Renton, WA (05/31/2020)
- Julie & Kevin Ryan of University Place, WA (07/31/2020)
- Susana Ortiz of Issaquah, WA (08/31/2020)
- Shay Hobby in celebration of the Haizlip's wedding! (10/31/2021)