Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Lars arrived at a shelter “stray”, intact, filthy, with an unsteady gait. He was in bad shape and he wasn’t eating much at all at the shelter; staff was concerned. Lars was not going to be put out on the adoption floor so what were his chances? Because of Old Dog Haven and our supporters Lars has his Final Refuge home.
Within days of arriving to his forever foster home, Lars saw a vet and had a full senior exam. That exam included blood work, a urinalysis and x-rays. Through his vetting we found out he’s hypothyroid, he had a UTI and ear infections in both ears. His ears are hardened as a result of hematoma. This sweet boy has suffered a while from lack of care. Lars has a heart murmur and his heart is enlarged. He has only 1 1/2 teeth left in his mouth. Ideally he will be neutered and those remaining teeth will be pulled. Before that can happen we need to be sure he’s strong enough to undergo anesthesia.
Lars is already thriving in his Old Dog Haven home. His appetite is fantastic. He’s taking daily medication for his thyroid. His ears have been treated and he’s been taking antibiotic for his urinary tract infection. Lars is a happy, sweet, cuddly boy. He appreciates the other old dogs in his foster home and he really loves being held. He enjoys sitting on the couch in the evenings to watch TV with his forever foster dad.
Lars really enjoyed Christmas! He got very excited about the visitors to his new home and even wanted to “help” unwrap gifts. Watching an old dog get their second chance at life and love in a home where they’re cherished and cared for is priceless.
Lars is sponsored by:
- Theresa Clausen (10/31/2019)
- Nancy Pagni of Gig Harbor, WA (05/31/2019)
- Georgia Lockwood of Kirkland, WA (06/30/2019)
- Kathryn Cole of Buffalo, NY in memory of Butter (12/31/2019)
- Lisa McCane of Seattle, WA (06/30/2020)
- Anonymous for Dr. Irwin in memory of "Gaston" (06/30/2019)
- Susana Ortiz of Issaquah, WA (12/31/2019)
- Anne Grimstad of Renton, WA in honor of Boomer, Bugsy and Roo (12/31/2019)
- Vannette Kanna of Vancouver, WA in honor of Tito (05/31/2019)
- Renee Ellestad of Mount Vernon, WA - Happy Birthday Katrina (07/31/2019)