Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Loki arrived at his Old Dog Haven Final Refuge home after a month of sitting in a shelter. His forever foster told us he was so sad the first few nights in his new home. He would fuss and let out little howls. It seemed if given the chance he would try to run home-wherever that had been. Loki’s foster mother recognized his sadness and would hold him and she told us he would just lean into her as much as he could. No doubt, she helped heal his broken heart.
As time has gone on, Loki has come out of his shell. He has found his place on the bed with the 2 resident dogs. Loki has made friends with Austin, another chihuahua in the house. Loki follows Austin’s lead when he’s not following his foster mom. Now Loki wakes early in the morning, wanting to play, roll around the bed and give kisses. His foster mom still watches him closely when he’s by the door just in case he tries to “run home”; she tells us she looks forward to the day he decides he’s truly home. It sounds to us as though Loki may already feel that way.
Loki has a heart murmur and the hope is, his heart is healthy enough to go under anesthesia to be neutered, have a dental and have the growth on his chin removed. Loki’s vetting is possible thanks to Old Dog Haven’s generous donors. Our wish is that Loki will have lots of quality, happy time in his Old Dog Haven Final Refuge home. We are so grateful to his foster for all of the love and understanding she has shown sweet Loki.
Loki is sponsored by:
- Victor Nosce in memory of Klondike - Lifetime Sponsor
- Nance Hill of Seattle, WA (12/31/2021)
- Chance Martenson of Lynden, WA - Lifetime sponsor
- Darcie Kinyon of Bothell, WA - Lifetime Sponsor
- Mark Hayes of Tacoma, WA in memory of Zoe (11/30/2021)
- Debbie Mahder of Battle Ground, WA in memory of Ruby (12/31/2021)
- Dailynn Webber of Seattle, WA (12/31/2021)
- Jane Millar of Woodinville, WA (12/31/2021)
- James Rasmussen of La Jolla, CA (09/30/2022)
- Dan & Anne Sixkiller of Beaverton, OR - Lifetime Sponsor
- Ed Major of Nampa, ID (12/31/2021)