Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Louie is a 12year old Shih Tzu and was found roaming the city streets. He had a large mast cell tumor, was in need of a dental, and was still intact!
He came to live with his ODH Final Refuge mom right away and was a joy from the start. He loves squeaky toys and to chase tennis balls.
Louie underwent surgery for the tumor, was neutered, and had his dental, all with much success.
It took awhile to figure out all of Louie’s issues but with ODH’s careful attention to detail, Louie no longer has accidents in the house. He can also enjoy his naps without compulsive itching/scratching. Louie loves his doggie door and enjoys going out to the back yard whenever he wants to.
Louie sleeps most of the time, but when awake, he is energetic and very entertaining. Louie loves to cuddle and binge Netflix with his forever mom and even kinda likes George the cat.
Louie is much loved by his new mom and everyone else who meets him. He is so happy, calm, and easygoing. Louie rarely barks or makes any vocal noise, except for when he rumbles his voice to remind mom that it’s dinner time.
Louie and his Final Refuge mom are very happy that they found each other.
Louie is sponsored by:
- Michael Librande of Mill Creek, WA for my cutie Louie - Lifetime Sponsor
- Colleen Menke of Bartlett, NH in memory of Giselle (12/31/2022)
- in recognition of Tumwater Vet Hospital and in memory of Deacon (09/30/2022)
- Victor Nosce in memory of Klondike - Lifetime Sponsor
- Susana Ortiz of Issaquah, WA (05/31/2023)
- Lucie Saether of Shoreline, WA in honor of her mom, Mary Sherhart (10/31/2022)
- In loving memory of Rick and Doogan Bueller, best husband and golden ever (11/30/2022)