At 11 years old, he loves going for short to medium distance walks at a nice relaxed pace, taking time to sniff the flowers and soak up the sun. At home, he likes playing with his stuffed animals and sleeping 85% of the day away close to his people. Like a true gentleman, he is very polite and well behaved:– potty trained
– automatically sits when it’s time to put on his harness (or if he thinks you have a treat for him!)
– takes his treats gently
– does not try to chase other animals on walks
– friendly but not hard to manage around other dogs
– can be left at home alone without a crate for 6+ hours at a time
– does not beg for or steal people food
– does not jump on the furniture
– does not bark at random people/dogs/noisesMost importantly, he absolutely loves humans, especially his family. Polaris will follow you from room to room, just so that he can nap in your proximity even if you’re not paying attention to him. He also has a habit of sleeping in the foyer waiting for his humans to get home from work. He’s friendly with guests, dog walkers and strangers on the street alike. He sometimes struggles a bit with stairs, or jumping into the car, and may need a helping hand from his family.
Polaris is posted for the Seattle Animal Shelter. His Animal ID is #28998491. He is currently in a foster home and not at the shelter. If you are interested in meeting him, please fill out a Dog Adoption Application, available at www.seattle.gov/animalshelter/
This is not an ODH dog; we urge prospective adopters to do their own evaluation.
- Seattle Animal Shelter
- Website: www.seattle.gov/animalshelter/forms.htm