Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Meet Sadie, a beautiful Husky mix. Poor Sadie was found wandering with another dog. Evidently she was chipped but her current guardian never came and picked her up. Thankfully she moved into her Old Dog Haven permanent final refuge home not long after arriving at the shelter.
At first the vet thought Sadie had kennel cough so she was put on antibiotics for that. But the cough continued and not long afterwards she was diagnosed with pneumonia. Sadie was put on a course of three new antibiotics and started to regain her health. To help clear up her pneumonia I would put her is the bathroom with me when I showered so the steam would help clear up her lungs. Sadie loved this and she stands in the door and waits for me to invite her in.
I was told Sadie was deaf but she is not. She had a severe ear infection, which may have been caused the pneumonia. Her hearing is impaired but she comes when I call to her very loudly. Her diet is better and Sadie is getting stronger every day.
Sadie loves being in with her pack and adores the attention I give her. She also likes giving the cat a bit of a run for her money. However, the cat is more like a dog and not bothered in the least by Sadie’s antics.
Her favorite things are car rides, being outside smelling the air, sausage and apple treats, sleeping on my bed and, of course, being petted and rubbed.
Sadie is a bright being and I love having her in my life. She has taught me to live in the present and that life can be good regardless of what is going on in the world.
Sadie (Husky Mix) is sponsored by:
- Katherine Busching & Rick Smale of Mill Creek, WA in memory of Sophie & Dee Dee (12/31/2021)
- Tim Staton of Seattle, WA (03/31/2021)
- Lisa Alexander of Poulsbo, WA inmemory of Jaxmine and Kona (03/31/2021)
- Louise Balonick of Bellingham, WA - Lifetime Sponsor
- Linda Erickson of Seattle, WA; Connie Buckley of Bellingham, WA (06/30/2021)
- Rebecca Tucker of Vancouver, WA; Imka Lavinder of Gig Harbor, WA (06/30/2021)
- Deanna Woodruff of Sammamish. WA; Kristine Taylor of Lacey, WA (06/30/2021)