Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
We knew we wanted Sherlock to be a member of our family the moment we saw his photo. We were only two weeks from the fresh loss of our last foster and had never planned on bringing home another dog so soon, but he has been a remarkable blessing.
Sherlock spent the majority of his life as an outdoor dog. It is reported that he was brought to the shelter at 14 years old because he began to bark in the backyard and it angered neighbors. Since bringing him home, we have yet to hear him bark and he is loving the indoor life. Sherlock was still intact when he was brought to the shelter and has since been altered. Unfortunately, though he also desperately needs a dental cleaning he has both a significant heart valve disease and a serious cardiac arrhythmia that is managed with the help of regular cardiology consults and testing. The arrhythmia is what makes anesthesia much too risky (and will limit his life…). His murmur and associated cough are managed by a number of medications that allow him to live more comfortably each day.
Sherlock is a remarkably sweet dog. He loves to be anywhere as long as it’s with his people and is excellent at warming laps. There are few things he loves more than food and he doesn’t care much for toys. He loves naps, his family, and short bursts of play before he tuckers out. We could not have asked for a better family member to help our hearts feel whole.
Sherlock is sponsored by:
- Diane Dilley and Betty Devereux of Gig Harbor, WA (03/31/2021)
- Marian Johnson of Bothell, WA in honor of Maxine and Leslee (12/31/2021)
- Deborah A Taylor of Tahuya, WA in memory of Finnagan (12/31/2021)
- Mikki Turk of Baldwin Park, CA (03/31/2021)
- Deanna Woodruff of Sammamish, WA (12/31/2021)
- Cheryl Hanson of Everett, WA (12/31/2021)
- Leslee Vranich of Woodinville, WA (03/31/2021)
- Barbara Monroe of Vail, AZ (03/31/2021)
- Robin & Robert Lindsay of Lake Stevens, WA (03/31/2021)
- Jeanne & George Dalton of Mukilteo, WA in honor of the Rue's (12/31/2021)
- Pauline McKenzie of Seatac, WA in honor of Ray, Dori and Quinn. For Sadie, Sissy and Frankie and all the dogs we have loved and miss. (03/31/2021)
- Donna St George of Chicago, IL for Ethan Schwenker (04/30/2021)