Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Sunny is a cheerful, treat loving, 14 year old cocker spaniel. When Sunny was picked up at the shelter she was deaf, almost blind, and trembling. Her first few weeks she preferred being in a bed across the room from her new family.
Under ODH care, she is seeing an eye specialist and a veterinarian for her arthritis and high blood pressure. With medical care, Sunny regained much of her vision and happily learned about and participates in household routines – no, we don’t crawl in the dishwasher or pester the cats!
Sunny is smart and very treat motivated. She is proud to learn new tricks for treats, the latest is a nose/fist bump. Now when Sunny naps, she sprawls out confidently on the couch and snores loudly! Her day ends with a neighborhood walk sniffing for squirrels.
Sunny has blossomed and hopefully has many more years to enjoy life with a family who loves her.
Sunny (Cocker) is sponsored by:
- Janet & Daniel Bolong of Bothell, WA in memory of Mozart and Frodo, our two Cockers who have crossed the Rainbow Bridge (10/31/2020)
- Leigh Frazier of Yelm, WA in honor of Mary Bennett (12/31/2020)
- R.C. Painting & Sons Inc. of Redmond, WA - Lifetime Sponsor
- Tina Perovich of Kent, WA in honor of Joseph Gause & the Food & Beverage team at Muckleshoot Casino
- Jeremy Sites of Lake Stevens, WA in memory of Teddy (02/28/2021)
- Deborah Rubaloff of Omaha, NE (04/30/2021)
- Allison Gillet, Mill Creek, WA (05/31/2021)
- Vicky Taylor of Seattle, WA in memory of Bobby, Sammy, and Penny (12/31/2020)
- Terra Anderson of Redmond, WA In honor of DF (07/31/2021)