Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
In the short time we have had Suzie, she has wiggled her way into our hearts. She is a very sweet senior lady (~13 years old) who came to Old Dog Haven from a vague, but much traveled path. Her history is unknown for about the first 10 years of her life. For some reason she ended up in a California shelter and was eventually adopted by a Washington family. She was happily living with this family for 2+ years until her human mom passed away. Unfortunately, there wasn’t anyone else who could take care of her. So she was off to another shelter due to no fault of her own. Given her age, she placed with a foster family from the shelter. With all of these changes she shut down for the first 2 weeks at the foster’s home by hiding and not eating. In stepped Old Dog Haven and a short ferry ride later she is arrived in her final refuge home. It is no wonder with all these changes, that she is currently very unsure if her new people will keep her.
Suzie is slowly opening up and loves exploring her new backyard but keeps an eye on us the entire time to make sure that we are there. She loves to be near us when we are sitting down but is not a lap dog. During the day, she follows us around the house and from room to room. When one of us returns from running errands, she runs around and bounces like a puppy so happy that we did actually return.
Suzie is fitting in quite nicely and has even taken over the cat’s favorite chair. Around 7:30 each night she transforms from ‘Suzie Q’ into ‘Snoozie Q’ and heads to her bed. We are working with her slowly on the separation issues and to build the trust that we are here for her.
Aside from the separation anxiety, the only other known health issue is her teeth. Both of her canines are broken and will need to be removed along with some undetermined number of rotten teeth. Thanks to Old Dog Haven and its sponsors, Suzie will get the needed dental work. Thank you everyone from Suzie.
Suzie is sponsored by:
- Randy and Renee Canfield in celebration of Roxie "How lucky I am to have had something so special that it makes saying goodbye so hard" Winnie the Pooh (12/31/2022)
- Michelle Kimihira of Seattle, WA in honor of Julie Forbes and Darcie Boltz - Lifetime Sponsor
- Kathie M Hagwell of Bellingham, WA (12/31/2022)
- Devon Giguiere of Seattle, WA (12/31/2022)
- In loving memory of Rick and Doogan Bueller, best husband and golden ever (11/30/2022)
- Susan L Behr of Carlsbad, CA - Happy Birthday Ashley! (04/30/2023)
- Susana Ortiz of Issaquah, WA (05/31/2023)