Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Pretty Tippy is a sweetheart, owner surrendered to a shelter for euthanasia. Staff at the shelter was told “She’s almost 16 years old and she’s going blind”. While she may be 16 years old now, she can see! Tippy needed care for her eyes that were very dry and infected. She has seen an animal ophthalmologist as well as a cardiologist for an unusual heart condition. Tippy will need medication for her heart and prescription eye drops for the rest of her life. Her skin and coat is much more healthy than it was when she arrived at her ODH home.
Tippy receives weekly medicated baths and she’s put on some much needed weight now that she’s eating a healthy diet. As one would assume for a 16 year old dog, Tippy is arthritic but she loves getting out for walks and she trots happily after her foster dad who she’s decided is her favorite person. She gets along great with the other dogs in her ODH home; she’s a really wonderful dog who is happy, loved and appreciated.
Tippy is sponsored by:
- Shane Somerville & Adam Felker of Everett, WA for Carol Holey (07/31/2018)
- Susana Ortiz of Issaquah, WA (10/31/2018)
- Cindy Anderson of Mountlake Terrace, WA in honor of John & Dorothy Morgan (10/31/2018)
- Rebecca Szper of Seattle, WA (12/31/2018)
- Laura Neal of Tacoma, WA in honor of "Pip" (06/30/2018)
- Theodora Shure of Seattle, WA (12/31/2018)
- Barbara Russell of Pine Bush, NY (12/31/2018)
- Sally Keenan of Fond du Lac, WI (12/31/2018)
- Susan Boyle of North Haven, CT in memory of my sweet dog "Sabrina" (12/31/2018)