In many respects Old Dog Haven is like a living, breathing jigsaw puzzle that can only be a complete picture if all of the pieces are in place and moving smoothly. Every piece is important. The pieces all fit together because even though the pieces are different shapes and sizes, they complement each other and work in concert to form a complete picture.
I’m thinking about pieces like: dogs, foster families, veterinarians, staff, donors, and VOLUNTEERS.
If you’d like to volunteer for Old Dog Haven we’re having an orientation for new volunteers on Sunday, June 2, 1:00 P.M.-3:00 P.M. at Dogwood Play Park, 12538 33rdAve. NE, Seattle. Dogwood Play Park is a large indoor/outdoor dog friendly area so feel free to bring your dog and meet some of our dogs.
Here’s a list of volunteer opportunities. Hopefully there’s something on the list that appeals to you, or perhaps you have an idea about something you’d like to do that isn’t on the list:
- Helping with the Walk for Old Dogs and other events
- Short term foster care
- Donation can monitor
- Writing thank you notes to donors and people who sponsor dogs
- Blog- writing about topics of interest to people who live with senior dogs
- Transporting dogs from shelters to their forever homes (weekday help is especially welcome) and transporting donations from one location to another.
- Assist with social media
- Distribute posters, brochures, calendars in businesses
- Donate professional grooming.
If you have any questions, please contact our volunteer coordinator Dawn Ford: email@example.com
We hope to see you there!