Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Arlo was left alone in his home for 2 weeks after his owner passed away, with someone coming by just to leave out food. When he was turned in to animal control, he was badly matted and had a skin infection from a ball of feces stuck to his bottom. He doesn’t have any teeth and is believed to be 12 to 14 years old.
Understandably, Arlo initially had some separation anxiety but is now a happy, loving dog, full of energy. Arlo loves to be outdoors. He speed walks his way on outings, saving leisurely sniffing for the backyard, where he also enjoys laying in the sun.
Arlo is very much a lap dog. Sitting down anywhere, anytime is an immediate invitation for him to hop on up, and he will often nod off in your lap. Arlo gets along well with the other Final Refuge dogs he shares his home with. He’s a treasured addition to the family and we hope he’ll be with us for a very long time.
Arlo is sponsored by:
- Craig Cushing of Puyallup, WA (05/31/2024)
- Alan Andrews of Lincoln City, OR - Lifetime Sponsor
- Denise Coyle of Spanaway, WA - in honor of Baxter (07/31/2024)
- Ruth Fay of Portland, OR - Lifetime Sponsor
- Big Hearts Little Paws of Marysville, WA (11/30/2023)
- Sherry & John Douceur of Bellevue, WA - lifetime sponsor