- Adoption is different than Final Refuge at Old Dog Haven. An adoption means the dog becomes yours, you have ownership and are responsible for the dog’s care including veterinary expenses. Final Refuge means the dog is under ODH’s care, in an ODH foster home that will care for the dog for the rest of its life; with ODH coordinating and paying for vet care and medications.
- Most of these dogs are in western Washington State.
There are two categories of adoptable dogs found on the ODH website:
- ODH adoptable dogs are already in Old Dog Haven foster homes, and are fit enough to be adopted out permanently (versus Final Refuge, where the dog remains at an ODH Final Refuge Foster Home). Note: We do not often have ODH adoptable dogs so encourage folks looking to adopt to view the Adoptable Senior Dogs section on our website which features dog listed in #2 below.
- Dogs at shelters, other rescues, or with individual owners are looking for a new home. The dogs listed in the Adoptable Senior Dogs section on the home page are in this category and are not in ODH’s care. The shelter, rescue or owner makes the decision about adoptions. ODH is only making referrals to help these dogs find homes.
ADOPTING ONE OF THESE DOGS:
For dogs in ODH homes:
- Contact our firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know about your particular interests and situation.
- Each dog is different and will need a different kind of home.
- ODH will not transport dogs outside the Western Washington area. Potential adopters must meet the dog, once an adoption application is approved.
- A minimum tax-deductible donation of $95 is requested, more if you are able. (We have given our dogs very extensive vet care thanks to the generosity of our donors and your contribution will help the next old canine.)
For dogs posted for owners, shelters, or other rescue groups:
- If posted for another group, please use the contact information provided in the profile.
- If posted for the owner, please email email@example.com and we’ll put you in touch.
Interested in sponsoring a dog? Please check our Final Refuge (permanent foster) dogs.
If you adopt an ODH adoptable dog, please feel free to email a photo of your new friend with his or her new family to ODHWeb@olddoghaven.org for possible use on our website.
PLEASE NOTE: Dogs belonging to ODH have had vaccinations, a blood panel and other labwork, a dental if needed, and a thorough vet exam. A minimum tax-deductible donation of $95 is requested, more if you are able. We have given our dogs very extensive medical care thanks to the generosity of our donors and your contribution will help the next old canine.
We also post many dogs to help the owner or another rescue group or shelter find the right home for their senior dog. Adoption of those dogs is handled completely by the owner or group. Contact information for other groups is shown in the dog’s profile. If the dog is still with its owner, please contact our office and we’ll put you in touch.