Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
When he was 13 years old, Little Franklin’s owner passed away and he really needed a new home. ODH was contacted and stepped in to find him a home for the rest of his life. With vet visits, it was determined that Franklin had diabetes and severe arthritis.
The first night Franklin was in his new home, he gathered the 3 toys he brought from his former home, put them all around himself, and went to sleep. As he has settled into his new home, he often likes to sleep back to back with several of the dogs in his home.
Franklin also loves sleeping in front of the fireplace and another favorite is a heated cat bed that he found when he visits his new ‘grandmother’. He is very playful, especially for being 13! In fact, he looks like a young dog, except for when you watch him walk. Looking at him from the back he walks like John Wayne.
Little Franklin, as with most old dogs, is very resilient. He didn’t look back when he moved into his new home and is now a very willing participant in his new family. We are thankful to ODH for finding this boy a new forever home, and for picking us to care for him!
Franklin is sponsored by:
- Lisa LoFranco of Bothell, WA (03/31/2023)
- Ruth Fay of Portland, OR (03/31/2023)
- In loving memory of Rick and Doogan Bueller, best husband and golden ever (11/30/2022)
- in recognition of VCA Sno-Wood Animal Hospital and in memory of Ohana (09/30/2022)
- Susana Ortiz of Issaquah, WA (05/31/2023)
- Matthew J Beyer of Seattle, WA in honor of the best mom ever! - Lifetime Sponsor