Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
People who think that old dogs aren’t adaptable haven’t met Zuleia.
This little sweetheart was found wandering the streets of a big city, ended up at a shelter, was then moved to a temporary foster home, and then after a month was brought to us via three different transporters. (Thank you to Dianne Marlow for arranging this complicated transport and to the freedom drivers who brought our girl to us.) When we brought her home Zuleia ran in the house like she’d always been here, and settled in immediately. She loves to ride in the truck (although she insists that she should drive), learned how to use the dog door in one lesson, and enjoys sleeping under the covers on the big bed, and sitting on top of the big chair in the living room surveying her domain. She interacts well with our other three dogs and joins them as they protect the yard from deer and other wildlife. Zuleia is very affectionate, loves to snuggle, and she smiles and wags her tail all the time.
As with all ODH dogs, Zuleia comes with baggage: her teeth are awful, (dental already scheduled), she has a grade 3/4 heart murmur, and she may not have been spayed (waiting on blood test results that will answer that question.)
We’re very happy to have this joyful little spirit with us, and are grateful to ODH for taking care of her medical issues and placing her with us.
Zuleia is sponsored by:
- Helen Nastasia of Gaithersburg, MD in honor of Brie & Brulee
- Loydene Rambo Daggett of West Richland, WA (05/31/2023)
- Mary Wagner of Seattle, WA in memory of Sal - Lifetime sponsor
- Corrinna McGrath of Pullman, WA (02/28/2023)
- Deborah Chewning of Bothell, WA - Recurring (02/28/2023)
- Emily Crowder of Fallon, NV in honor of Lauren Mullins (05/31/2023)
- Sylvia Cheung of Washougal, WA in memory of Macie (02/28/2023)
- Kathy MacMaster of San Diego, CA in memory of Titus - Recurring (03/31/2023)