Old Dog Haven has grown so much during the past 13 years we’ve reached a point where we are always in need of more volunteers to help us in many different ways. Below you’ll find a list of volunteer positions available and I’m hoping you’ll see something there that appeals to you in terms of volunteering. Click on HERE, fill out the application, and send it to: email@example.com
1- Foster or Final Refuge Home- Our greatest need is new fosters who are willing to provide homes for the dogs that come to us. Almost all of the dogs we are getting from shelters are not adoptable so you would be making a commitment to care for the dog on a permanent basis. Old Dog Haven pays all veterinary expenses for dogs in our care.
2- Transport Volunteer- This is an on-call position. It doesn’t require a regular time commitment but does require flexibility to make a trip on fairly short notice. Transport volunteers move dogs between shelters and foster homes, or pick up and deliver supplies or donations. Trips can be in various areas of western Washington, so volunteers from all areas are needed. Often the longer trips are divided between two or more volunteers. If you might be available for an occasional trip, you could be a great help! Required: a vehicle that you can get a stiff old dog into, a cell phone, a Washington driver’s license and vehicle insurance.
3-Distribute brochures in your neighborhood- Coffee shops, vet clinics, pet stores and dog groomers are just some possibilities.
4-Event Volunteer- Help staff a booth or information table at our outreach events. The time commitment is generally 3–4 hours and requires good knowledge of Old Dog Haven missions and operations so you must be an ODH foster. Materials provided.
5- Monitor a Donation Can- Place and monitor a donation can at a local business. This requires a minimal amount of time but attendants must be willing to check the can every 2 to 4 weeks.
· Benefits Coordinator – The Benefits Coordinator is responsible for helping businesses and individuals host benefits for Old Dog Haven by providing guidelines, promotional materials and Old Dog Haven representatives, if needed, at the event. In addition the Benefits Coordinator works with the Development Director to help implement and plan Old Dog Haven fundraisers such as the Walk for Old Dogs and NW Cellars event, and to develop and plan additional benefits in the community for Old Dog Haven.
Qualifications – Experience planning special events a plus. Ability to help market Old Dog Haven benefits and fundraisers via Social Media, marketing, PR and outreach.
· Host a Benefit-Do you have an idea for a fundraiser? Some great examples of benefits held for Old Dog Haven have included a luncheon, garage sale, bake sale, class sessions with proceeds donated, 5K races, etc. We can provide information on ODH.
7- Workplace Giving- Invite an Old Dog Haven representative to speak at your workplace. Many companies offer employee giving programs with or without matching funds and it’s a great way to help spread the word about Old Dog Haven to your colleagues.
8-Calendar Vendor- Place and monitor calendar sales at a local business. This is a seasonal position usually lasting from October through February.
9-Thank-You Cards- Volunteers are needed to write thank you cards to people who donate to ODH. Legible handwriting and a few hours every 2-3 weeks are required. Cards must be sent out within a week. Important: December and January are the busy season, be prepared!
10-Marketing/Promotion- Volunteers are needed who are experienced in Graphic Design, Photography, Videography, Social Media, Web Design, PR and E-Marketing.
· Graphic Designer – We need graphic design help to assist in preparing for large events such as the Walk for Old Dogs and possibly working on the Old Dog Haven calendar. Help in preparing Facebook and web images, ads, signage, forms and banners utilizing the existing Walk logo and Old Dog Haven fonts and logos. Work on the Walk is beginning now and will go through June 2017. You need to have and be able to use the Adobe suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop). You can use your special skills to help old dogs!
· Photo Library Manager – Old Dog Haven needs a person to manage the Old Dog Haven image Dropbox library. You would keep the Dropbox library organized, pull and name images from the Old Dog Haven Fosters and Volunteers Facebook page, and name and add images from various photographers of photos taken at Old Dog Haven events and foster photo shoots. Time commitment approximately 1 – 1.5 hours a week. We’ll train you; it won’t take long!
11-Social Media – Social media savvy person to manage the Old Dog Haven Instagram page.
12- Special Event: Walk for Old Dogs- The Walk for Old Dogs is our biggest event of the year and volunteers are needed to:
· Send out weekly emails to walk registrants. Must have experience in MailChimp/Vertical Response, & Photoshop
· Update the Walk for Old Dogs website
· Do public relations and graphic design for marketing
· Distribute posters and postcards
· Day-Of-Event volunteers needed to assist with set-up, registration, information booths and after Walk clean-up.