“Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering.”
I think Steve Maraboli got it right: “embrace your blessings.” Not just this month because it’s November and you feel obliged to be thankful. Every day of every month.
Old Dog Haven has many blessings to count and much to be thankful for … every day. Here’s what comes to mind in terms of some specific blessings for which we are very thankful:
1) We’re thankful for the veterinarians who treat our dogs with skill, compassion and an understanding of our mission.
2) We’re thankful for all of the people who volunteer their time, energy, expertise and are willing to do whatever it takes to help our dogs. Whether you write thank-you notes, attend an outreach event, transport dogs, monitor donation cans, or sit on the Board of Directors, what you do is important.
3) We’re thankful for our foster families who open their hearts and homes to welcome homeless senior dogs.
4) We’re thankful for our dedicated staff members who work tirelessly on behalf of our dogs.
5) We’re thankful for our founders, Judith and Lee Piper, who inspire us all to keep the dream alive every day.
6) We’re thankful to all of the businesses who support our efforts.
7) We’re thankful to the shelters that care about senior dogs and do everything they can to help them.
8) We’re thankful for our donors who make what we do financially possible.
9) We’re thankful for the dogs that come to us. They teach us lessons in resiliency, trust, and unconditional love every day.
Because of our dogs we do live our truth, express our love, share our enthusiasm, take action toward our dreams, walk our talk, dance and sing to the music, embrace our blessings and make today worth remembering.