Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
When Giorgio left a local shelter to come to our home, he had pneumonia. He is a sweet 4 lb Yorkshire Terrier who at 12 years old is almost blind and was in need of a neuter and had severe dental disease.
After several weeks of antibiotics and rest, Giorgio started his surgeries for neuter and two dental surgeries with the second from a dental specialist in Seattle. The poor boy finally was toothless but no more dental disease.
Giorgio has eye drops twice daily and has learned to get around and even learned to get down and up some stairs. He loves to play with soft toys and is active. Toys must be appropriate considering his delicate jaw.
One of his favorite things is to dive into the large toy box and lay on the toys. He loves to cuddle with other dogs and sleeps in his sleep sack at night. He gets and give lots of kisses and is truly enjoying life.
Thanks to those who help with donations, Giorgio has a full life and never lets his almost blindness slow him down. We are very glad to share our home and love with this dear boy!
Giorgio is sponsored by:
- Debbie Horton of Lynnwood, WA (07/31/2023)
- Cindy & Ben Wright of Snohomish, WA - Lifetime Sponsor
- Brian of Bellevue, WA (07/31/2023)
- Sarah and Kristof of Seattle, WA (07/31/2023)
- April Morse of Seattle, WA (07/31/2023)
- Sylvia Cheung of Washougal, WA in memory of Macie (02/28/2023)
- In loving memory of Rick and Doogan Bueller, best husband and golden ever (11/30/2022)
- Connie Simila of Kingston, WA in memory of my ODH Final refuge fellow, Gus - Recurring (12/31/2022)