Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Goldie (aka Pinkie at home, she is deaf and doesn’t care) was brought to the shelter by someone who said she was 15 and aggressive and hard to handle, and had accidents all the time. She sat in the shelter shaking violently, but leaned up against Judith when she went to do evaluations so how could we leave her there? Checking her microchip, she’s not quite that old; she’s an extremely passive gentle girl who objects to nothing, and she’s never had an accident despite coming to us with a bladder infection. Someone must have really not liked her – but we love her.
She is still hesitant and worries that she has done something wrong, but gaining confidence daily. She’s an excellent walker with breed-appropriate sniffing tendencies and she enjoys the leather chairs. We will have her mouth fixed and let her previously-matted coat grow back in and just let her feel safe and loved. What a lovely girl.
Goldie is sponsored by:
- Audrey Watson of Washington, DC in memory of "Bingo", "Renny", "Mr. Guppy", "Malthus" and ODH "Clayton". (07/31/2019)
- Patricia Maguire of Townsend, MA (11/30/2019)
- Noel in honor of Bob McMurry (12/31/2019)
- Angie Johnson of Shoreline, WA in memory of Abbey & Emmie (12/31/2019)
- Alice Chung of Newcastle, WA in memory of Rosie (06/30/2019)
- Yvette Key of Starke, FL (12/31/2019)
- Kevin Stant of Seattle, WA (05/31/2019)
- Melissa & Tom Mittan of Lynnwood, WA (02/29/2020)