Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
This 6 pound toy poodle came into a shelter looking pretty dreadful (see first photo), with no remaining teeth and his lower jaw pretty much gone from infection. The mats were pulling and causing wounds on his skin. The shelter staff shaved the mats but knew this little guy would need lots of TLC and contacted Old Dog Haven. And so Harry Pawter moved into his experienced ODH home with a pack of other little dogs.
His new family quickly learned that Harry is a friendly boy who just wanted to be friends with all. His foster mom said; “Harry Pawter won’t be in a cupboard under the stairs and already chose a dog bed and blanket situated on the couch by my side. He loves being near a person, getting belly rubs and wags his nekked little stubby tail at whoever looks his way.”
Harry loves to dig in blankets and loves to cuddle. He seems to have a special fondness for his (equally adorable) 19-year old foster “brother” Henry. He also likes to drink out of his people’s cups if they leave them near the couch.
In addition to the bone infection in his jaw, Harry also has a perineal hernia that will require surgery. He is thought to be about 12 years old, but neglect can age dogs. Thanks to his foster mom and Old Dog Haven’s donors, this adorable little fellow is now much more comfortable and will be well-cared for and cherished for the rest of his life.
Harry Pawter is sponsored by:
- Sheirin Philip of Lynnwood, WA in memory of Pappa Deaux (07/31/2023)
- David & Renee Ashley of Sumner, WA (12/31/2023)
- Shaig Guliyev of Randolph, MA (11/30/2023)
- Susana Ortiz of Issaquah, WA (05/31/2023)
- Katie McElroy in memory of Sassy Pants - Lifetime Sponsor
- Mary Wright of Bellevue, WA - in honor of Deb Whitted and Steve Goodwin (12/31/2023)
- Jill and Ryan Perovich of Redmond, WA (05/31/2023)