Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Iris is 12 years old and had been part of a bonded pair whose owner had passed away. The day we picked Iris up, her brother passed away in his temporary lodging. Needless to say, Iris had a rough month!
She has a heart murmur and arthritis which requires twice daily medication. It was a struggle to get a handle on what she required for potty breaks, as she is not exactly housebroken. Iris requires pee pads in every room, and sometimes ignores them entirely for reasons unknown. It took two months before Iris could sleep on her own, but she has now settled nicely into the same bedtime routine as the other pups.
Iris loves naps and walks, and she brought a favorite little toy with her. That being said, she loves to carry around and play with the big dog’s toys, many of which are bigger than she is! She’s fearless with her much larger companions and never shies away from playing with dogs literally 10 times her size.
Iris has a distinctive bark that startles everyone she meets, and she’s a funny little gal with a big personality!
Iris is sponsored by:
- April Gray of Edmonds, WA in memory of Paisley (04/30/2020)
- Tim Staton of Seattle, WA (06/30/2020)
- Denise Walters of Eatonville, WA in memory of Olivia (03/31/2021)
- Jennifer Aleksich of Arcadia, CA (06/30/2020)
- Heather Weddell of Maple Valley, WA in honor of Camille (08/31/2020)
- Trent De Long of Lafayette, CO in memory of Picco (03/31/2021)