Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Little Jo was dropped at the shelter as a stray–no chip, no tags, no name. Like so many littles, Jo didn’t do well in the big, loud shelter environment so she was temporarily moved into a shelter foster home. Once out of the shelter, this small Chihuahua began to show her large personality. When her future mom saw Jo’s photo in an Old Dog Haven posting, she knew she couldn’t pass her up! This lucky little dog arrived in her ODH Final Refuge home and became the second ODH senior in residence.
Jo’s lower jaw was off-center due to a fracture she had suffered from for an unknown amount of time. She had also never been spayed. Her veterinarians determined Jo was strong enough for surgery, so she was spayed and had extensive dental surgery to remove her lower right jaw. Jo came through those procedures very well and her mom reports that she’s now fully a dynamo! Her mom tells us that Jo is a licker and watching her tongue loll to the side as she strives to lick everything is entirely endearing. She shares, “Jo would likely not have survived without the intervention of ODH. She is enjoying her life now and has blossomed to her full ‘giant’ self in a tiny body! She even gets along with the four cats!”
Friends, big thanks for helping this little one grow into her golden years.
Jo is sponsored by:
- Stephanie Schwope of North Bend, WA (08/31/2021)
- Mary & John Schumacher of Seattle, WA in memory of all our ODH Final Refuge dogs (09/30/2021)
- Barbara A Walker of Stanwood, WA
- Maureen Morin of Newcastle, WA (02/28/2022)
- Windsor Lewis of Issaquah, WA (02/28/2022)
- Audrey Sharp of Everett, WA in honor of Darlene (12/31/2021)
- Elizabeth McKnight of Westtown, NY in honor of Dr. Carol Carberry (07/31/2021)
- Linda West of Tulsa, OK in honor of Theresa and in memory of Levi, Triever and Tasha (12/31/2021)
- Angha Sirpurkar-Childress of East Lansing, MI (12/31/2021)
- Megan Adams of St Augustine FL in honor of Ty's birthday (12/31/2021)
- Kara Marn of Seattle, WA - Lifetime Sponsor
- Mary P Bosch of New Orleans, LA (12/31/2021)
- Shelby Bell of Portland, OR in honor of Theresa and in memory of Buddy (12/31/2021)
- Valerie Mellish of Carmichael, CA (03/31/2022)
- Robyn and Ken Miller of Spokane, WA in memory of Jan and Jake Olson (08/31/2021)