Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Kerry was another of those “strays” who landed at the shelter looking pretty bad and very sad. She had a very large mass wrapped around a front leg from the elbow halfway down the leg, a dull brittle coat and icky yeasty skin, and a withdrawn attitude.
Despite this heavy mass hanging off her leg, she was great on walks, trotting around with a lovely spring shepherd-type gait on a loose leash, and her overall health seemed good. We decided that it would help her a lot to remove that mass. Our wonderful vet did what turned out to be a really challenging messy surgery – lots of blood vessels were running through the mass and the ulnar nerve was also banged a bit. It was a low-grade malignant tumor but not too likely to metastasize.
With one setback in healing, and the help of a friend’s custom-made shoulder/elbow sweater to protect the area until hair grew back in, she was through it and could move normally! Now she loves to gallop across the field and moves beautifully on those walks. Kerry is clearly an old lady, getting more white every day, but we hope she has some good time left for us to love her.
Kerry is sponsored by:
- Randy and Renee Canfield in celebration of Roxie "How lucky I am to have had something so special that it makes saying goodbye so hard" Winnie the Pooh (12/31/2022)
- Izzie MacCubbin of Redmond WA - Recurring (05/31/2022)
- Emily & David Felty of Seattle, WA - Lifetime Sponsor
- Lorraine M & Greg Starodub of Bellingham, WA in loving memory of Noreen and Tiger Yablecki (12/31/2022)
- Matt Tofte of West Linn, OR in honor of Callie Attanasio - Lifetime Sponsor
- An Nonymous of Vancouver, WA in honor of Betty White (01/31/2023)
- Jill and Ryan Perovich of Redmond, WA (05/31/2022)
- Laura Matz of Normandy Park, WA in memory of OP - Lifetime Sponsor
- Katherine H Johnson of Seattle, WA in memory of Noortje (04/30/2024)