Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Merle is a 12 year old miniature silver dapple dachshund. His journey with ODH began with a dental which he had several bad teeth extracted & a flap for an oronasal fistula. He had a pesky UTI that after several antibiotics, cleared up. Merle’s past before ODH is unknown but for whatever reason-he cannot bark. He sounds like a growly bear, we say. For example, Merle loves being outside & rolling in the grass. (He has the best time.) When it’s time to come in, he doesn’t always wanna & he honks to let us know. Merle also goes what we call “stage left” (given his lack of sight on the left side).
He heads to the bedroom when he wants to sleep. His sight has also declined in his left eye but he follows his FR Mom’s voice & it’s obvious just how much he’s come to trust her.
His personality has really come out & he is a happier dog today by far than when he first arrived. 🙂
His family is very grateful to Old Dog Haven for getting him back to health and into a loving home.
Merle is sponsored by:
- Gary Larsen of Lynnwood, WA (08/31/2019)
- Vicki Chevalier of Vancouver, WA (03/31/2019)
- Barbara Charlot of Seattle, WA in memory of "Mugsy", "Waffles", and "Traddles" (08/31/2019)
- Jennifer Aleksich of Arcadia, CA in honor of Sue Hayes & Buddy (12/31/2018)
- Stephanie Stinnett of Knoxville, TN (12/31/2018)
- Eva and Kris Langston of Puyallup, WA (11/30/2018)