Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Sadie Sunshine lost her person who she had been with for 12 years. She was very stressed and 28 pounds underweight.
Sadie Sunshine’s main health issue is osteoarthritis. Thanks to Old Dog Haven, and the wonderful vet care she receives, Sadie Sunshine is getting the medication she needs to lessen her pain and stay somewhat active.
Now Sadie Sunshine is the most polite and best mannered dog I have ever had. At the park she wants to meet everyone. In fact, one person who was afraid of big dogs is now the best of friends with Sadie. Puppies really love her and remember her when they are all grown up.
Sadie Sunshine is not food motivated, but when I give her something she does not care for she will put her nose on the refrigerator as if saying “make it better”. She also does not care for chasing a ball. When I throw one Sadie Sunshine will go after but once she gets to the ball she looks at me and has an expression of ” I found it and you can come and get it”.
Walks are Sadie’s favorite pass time. I know she can count to three because she will not let me forget that third walk!
Sadie’s full name is “Sadie Sunshine” because she he loves to lie in the sun even when it is hot or cold. When the sun breaks out during a dark overcast day Sadie Sunshine will go outside and find a sunny spot to lie in. On rainy days Sadie Sunshine is happy to stay inside. She has no interest in walking in the rain.
Thank you for reading about Sadie Sunshine today. Will you be her sponsor?
Sadie Sunshine is sponsored by:
- Lindsey Jorgensen of Forks, WA in honor of Mike (12/31/2021)
- Katherine Busching & Rick Smale of Mill Creek, WA in memory of Sophie & Dee Dee (12/31/2021)
- Issie MacCubbin of Redmond WA (01/31/2021)
- Melissa Retasket of Tulalip WA for Cholena Brown (12/31/2021)
- Cindy Okinczyc of Port Townsend, WA in memory of Abby (03/31/2021)
- Benjamin Hale of Williamsburg, VA in honor of Isabelle (12/31/2021)
- Alyson Cox of Stow, MA in honor of Abbey Henderson (12/31/2021)
- Jeff Dragovich of Shoreline, WA as a gift for Andy Taylor, Tory Laughlin Taylor, and family (03/31/2021)
- Sarah Morgan of Fishers, IN (03/31/2021)
- Tracy Phillips of Gig Harbor, WA (05/31/2021)
- Emily Davie & Amy Davie of Bellingham, WA as a gift for Daniel McKinney (05/31/2021)
- Emily Davie & Amy Davie of Bellingham, WA as a gift for Daniel McKinney (03/31/2021)
- Donna St George of Chicago, IL for Jeff King (04/30/2021)