Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Sadie Sunshine lost the person she had lived with for 12 years. She was very stressed and 28 pounds underweight but thanks to Old Dog Haven she found a Final Refuge home and now receives the vet care she needs to manage her osteoarthritis and help her stay as active as she can. Her ODH person tells us that Sadie Sunshine is “the most polite and best mannered dog I have ever had. At the park she wants to meet everyone. In fact, one person who was afraid of big dogs is now the best of friends with Sadie. Puppies really love her and remember her when they are all grown up.”
Sadie Sunshine is not food motivated, but when her person gives her something she does not care for she will put her nose on the refrigerator as if saying, “make it better”. She also has no interest in chasing balls. If one is thrown, Sadie Sunshine will go after it but once she gets to the ball she looks at her person with an expression of, ” I found it and you can come and get it”.
Walks are Sadie’s favorite pastime and her person knows that she can count to three because she will not let anyone forget that third walk! Her name is “Sadie Sunshine” because she loves to lie in the sun even when it is hot or cold. When the sun breaks out during a dark, overcast day Sadie Sunshine will go outside and find a sunny spot to lie in. On rainy days, Sadie Sunshine is perfectly happy to stay inside – she has no interest in walking in the rain.
Sadie Sunshine would be very happy if you would become her ODH sponsor and share in her delightfully sunny golden days, too!
Sadie Sunshine is sponsored by:
- Lindsey Jorgensen of Forks, WA in honor of Mike (12/31/2021)
- Katherine Busching & Rick Smale of Mill Creek, WA in memory of Sophie & Dee Dee (12/31/2021)
- Issie MacCubbin of Redmond WA - Recurring (11/30/2021)
- Melissa Retasket of Tulalip WA for Cholena Brown (12/31/2021)
- Benjamin Hale of Williamsburg, VA in honor of Isabelle (12/31/2021)
- Alyson Cox of Stow, MA in honor of Abbey Henderson (12/31/2021)
- Monica Sanches of Edmonds, WA - Lifetime Sponsor
- Katharine Mayerschoff of Snohomish, WA for Joann Zanan - Lifetime Sponsor
- Alison Monen of Mercer Island, WA in memory of our lab Ginger (12/31/2021)