Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Weasel arrived in Old Dog Haven care when his owner became too ill to care for him. He was severely underweight, had sore, peeling skin and almost no hair on his body. He also seriously needed a dental exam and cleaning.
Once in his ODH Final Refuge home, Weasel received the veterinary care he needed to relieve his discomfort. Once his ailments were addressed, he could then begin healing from his physical and emotional wounds. Being in a safe and loving forever home has made a world of difference for Weasel. He has gained weight and finally became able to enjoy his new life!
His people tell us that Weasel was welcomed enthusiastically into his new pack and made himself right at home: “He has become the king of his castle and has decided that my youngest daughter is his person. He is always excited when she comes for the weekends and the rest of the time he puts up with me. LOL!”
Weasel likes sleeping in his mom’s lap, napping on her bed and having his dinner on time – he just will not tolerate a change in his dinnertime! She tells us, “He actually dances for his dinner and treats. Because he is on a special diet his snacks are kibble but he never notices. Weasel is happy and healthy because of Old Dog Haven and our supporters who make this possible. Thank you!”
Weasel is sponsored by:
- Shane Somerville and Adam Felker in memory of Murphy and Sophia (06/30/2022)
- Diane M LaFond of Freeland, WA in honor of Yoshi, Jazzie and Miss Kitty (05/31/2022)
- Vicki Patterson of Shelton, WA in memory of Melba (02/28/2023)
- Rebecca R Hoffman of Shoreline, WA - Lifetime Sponsor
- Susannah Easterly of Seattle, WA - Lifetime Sponsor
- Alexandra Toran of Wiesbaden, Germany in memory of "Ajuska"
- Kristine Worley of Moses Lake, WA - Lifetime Sponsor