Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Like so many of our ODH seniors, Blue found herself left at the shelter at the ripe old age of 16 after her owner died. Unfortunately, Blue had suffered longtime neglect before then and arrived with terrible teeth, bad skin, weak front and back ends, and a urinary tract infection (UTI) and vaginitis. Ugh! The shelter called ODH for help and Blue was picked up from the shelter by a volunteer transporter and delivered to her new Final Refuge home where she’s finally getting the care she needs and the love she deserves.
Lucky Blue is now in a family with two old, blind Labradors! One of these Labs was in training to be a guide dog before she herself went blind–so her service-oriented heart opened to Blue and now they are “as thick as thieves.” Blue’s new mom tells us that they both love food, palling around together, and snuggling. And Blue is so loving. Her forever mom tells us that Blue puts her head in her lap and nudges her hand for loves and pets and “in the morning, she loves to stick her face up to my bed and stare at me with a wagging tail…” When Blue is deep asleep herself, her tongue sticks out and it is just delightful to see.
Blue has claimed a few soft spots around the house as her lounging areas, and thought she can’t hear very well–and the blind labs run into her sometimes and she doesn’t hear them coming–they all work it out and are good sports about it! Friends, thank you for your kind support of ODH and making magic like this happen for our wonderful senior dogs.
Blue is sponsored by:
- Linda Erickson of Seattle, WA; Connie Buckley of Bellingham, WA (06/30/2021)
- Sherrie Sykes of Secane, PA; Tara Sanford Bobbink of Bellingham, WA (09/30/2020)
- Tracie Gingrich of Bonney Lake, WA; Melissa Wyman of Buckley, WA (09/30/2020)
- Rebecca Tucker of Vancouver, WA; Imka Lavinder of Gig Harbor, WA (06/30/2021)
- Mikki Turk of Baldwin Park, CA in memory of Kaiser & Munchkin; Michelle Briggs of Spokane, WA in memory of Cooper (09/30/2020)
- Deanna Woodruff of Sammamish. WA; Kristine Taylor of Lacey, WA (06/30/2021)
- Michelle & Jurgen Bundoc of Woodinville, WA in honor of Eli Finken (06/30/2021)
- Bobbe & Mike Murray of Lacey, WA; Bailey Walsh of Portland, OR in memory of my sweet senior rescue, Stan, who I lost in April (09/30/2020)
- Carlee Savage of Seattle, WA (06/30/2021)
- Trudy Tassano of Mossyrock, WA (09/30/2020)
- Darlita & Douglas Nieuwendorp of Bellingham, WA (12/31/2020)
- Jason & Lynlea Oppie of Seattle, WA (07/31/2021)
- Liz Leger of Oakland, CA in memory of Bob, Friend and OHD final refuge dad (11/30/2020)