Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Wonderful Boo came into Old Dog Haven care after being surrendered to a fellow rescue organization, who did a great job with his initial vetting and care. Boo’s previous person became ill and began feeding Boo people food until he ballooned to over 130 lbs! He also suffered from lifelong skin and environmental allergies which had left his skin, paws, legs and ears a mess. Because these conditions were never adequately addressed, this sweet old black Labrador mix had been left at multiple shelters and had multiple homes in his 11 years of life. Poor Boo needed much more help than most groups can provide, so Old Dog Haven was asked for help.
Lucky Boo is now with a longtime ODH Final Refuge family with a long history with big, old Labradors! And thanks to your generous support of ODH and the Maranda Fund, Boo is finally getting the advanced vet care that he needs. His weight is being managed with exercise (he’s now down to 100 lbs!), his discomfort is being controlled with a hypoallergenic diet and medications, and finally—finally—he’s been properly diagnosed and put on a plan to recovery. Because Boo’s ears had so much scarring from recurrent infections, he recently received a TECA-BO (Total Ear Canal Ablation and Bulla Osteotomy)—a surgery to remove the ear structures while leaving the ear flaps unchanged—an expensive and delicate procedure but the treatment of choice for patients that have chronic, non-responsive ear disease like Boo.
Boo’s healing now, and his vet team believes that he will feel much better very soon! Soon he’ll be able to return to the beach, where he lives to cavort daily with his large pinniped family. Friends, thank you for your wonderful generosity to ODH and seniors like Boo. This happy old Labrador is finally getting the delightful golden years he richly deserves!
Boo (Lab) is sponsored by:
- Alyssa Sismaet of Seattle, WA - Lifetime Sponsor
- Katherine Busching & Rick Smale of Mill Creek, WA in memory of Sophie and Dee Dee (01/31/2023)
- Tracy & Christopher Kim of Olalla, WA - Lifetime Sponsor
- Jill Nelson of Fargo, ND in memory of Willis - Lifetime
- Stephanie Lambert of Spokane, WA (11/30/2022)
- Tejal Ranjan of Kirkland, WA (06/30/2023)
- Thomas C Ternes of Virginia Beach, VA in honor of Drea (01/31/2023)
- Katherine Busching & Rick Smale of Mill Creek, WA in memory of Sophie & Dee Dee (02/28/2023)
- In honor and loving memory of Deuce Jones (06/30/2023)
- Alexandra Blakely of Tacoma, WA (02/28/2023)
- Tim Staton of Seattle, WA (10/31/2022)
- In loving memory of Rick and Doogan Bueller, best husband and golden ever (11/30/2022)
- Deanna Woodruff of Sammamish, WA (02/28/2023)
- Casey M Hillyer of Bellevue, WA - Lifetime Sponsor