Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Allow me to introduce Buc-ee (Bucky). We welcomed this sweet guy into our home as first-time Old Dog Haven Final Refuge fosters. He was described as poodle, terrier, and Cairn terrier. We didn’t want to wait for transporters, so we went to the shelter to meet him and take him home. Upon meeting him, he is a sweet and quiet soul.
The first week was tough! Once home, he was nervous, anxious, and would howl! The resident girls (poodles) were not sure what to make of the new family member. We took turns sleeping in the den with him as we were getting to know him. Our scheduled intake was 2 weeks away but with all the howling, we requested a sooner appointment. Thank goodness the clinic performed the intake for us early since he had very bad teeth and would need a groom as well as heart check.
Now that he has settled in, he is a snuggle bug, loves hugs, goes to work with the spouse and is the motorcycle training class mascot! He loves to smell the flowers on his walks and at times starts to trot and run (watch those little legs go!) He gets along with the girls very well, that is, after being shown the way by resident girl Zoey. She is the disciplinarian!
We love this little guy and everywhere we go, he brings smiles and wins over everyone he meets!
Buc-ee is sponsored by:
- David Bechtel of Kenmore, WA - in memory of a very special old girl - Lifetime Sponsor - Lifetime Sponsor
- Victor Nosce - Lifetime Sponsor
- Jana Hastings of Federal Way, WA - in memory of Lucky (04/30/2024)
- Martha Douglas of Kirkland, WA - in memory of Annie (08/31/2024)
- Angela Druckman of Lake Stevens, WA (08/31/2024)
- Papa (04/30/2024)
- Suzan Rickey of Redmond WA (04/30/2024)
- Craig Skinner of Snohomish, WA - Lifetime Sponsor
- Deanna Woodruff of Sammamish, WA (02/28/2025)