Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Cuzco, who is 15 yrs old, was surrendered due to her owner’s declining health.
Cuzco is clearly a survivor. When she was a puppy, she was abandoned with her litter mates in another state. Also, all the puppies had parvo, but Cuzco was able to recover! After coming to Washington she lived outdoors for many years. Then, with the owner’s declining heath, her own health suffered and when she came into care with Old Dog Haven, she was very underweight and had terrible skin.
We also want to give tremendous credit to the owner’s friend who made heroic efforts to retrieve Cuzco from the porch and get her an initial vet appointment and into shelter until we could get her to an ODH home. She did a REMARKABLE thing in rescuing this dog, literally. After the owner was hospitalized, Cuzco was living on a porch, guarded by a mastiff and a heeler. So, not only was Cuzco not eating, but it took quite a while for this friend to get her out past those dogs. We are was extremely impressed at how much she did for this poor old girl.
A wonderful Old Dog Haven transport volunteer brought Cuzco to her Final Refuge family and now she is so happy to be an inside dog where there is lots of food, love and great vet care.
She has now taken over the sofa and is clearly enjoying every day of being cared for and loved. She is seeing a vet for needed vaccinations and care for her dermatitis.
Cuzco is a quiet gentle beagle mix who will be loved and kept safe which she so deserves!
Cuzco is sponsored by:
- Barbara Maurer of New Bern, NC in memory of "Missy", "Kinsey", and "Sneakers" - Lifetime
- Kara Marn of Seattle, WA (01/31/2024)
- Tani Lee of Bothell, WA in memory of Thor (our little brown dog) who passed away in December after along life full of love. (04/30/2023)
- Elizabeth Longo of Auburn, WA (04/30/2023)
- Robert Valdez of Shoreline, WA (04/30/2023)
- Marina Meila of Seattle, WA, remembering Emory, the chocolate lab (01/31/2024)
- in honor of Adelaide - Lifetime Sponsor
- Jenny Aleksich of Arcadia, CA (04/30/2023)
- Tracey Tripp of Castaic, CA - in honor of Tara (01/31/2024)
- LuAna & Ricky Boykins of Kennesaw, GA - in honor of our boys, Buster, Casey and Gunner - Lifetime Sponsor