Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Dexter is a wee little boy just under 5 lb who was overwhelmed at a local shelter with little chance of adoption. He settled into an Old Dog Haven foster home and was able to receive veterinary care. He was initially diagnosed with a pretty serious heart murmur, bad teeth and a luxating patella. After a few months in his foster home, he began to show symptoms of congestive heart failure and was admitted to an emergency clinic where he was placed on oxygen and had his medications adjusted. As serious as it was, Dexter is a fighter and he wasn’t going to let go easily, so Old Dog Haven gave him the chance he needed to get better. He was sent home with a new regimen of medications and his condition has improved.
He now spends his days burrowed under his favorite blanket usually being subjected to unwanted cuddles from the resident cat, Archie. Dexter is loved by everyone he meets but especially by his foster mom. We are so grateful to the generous donors who have made it possible to save senior dogs like Dexter.
Dexter is sponsored by:
- Neftali Fernandez of Tucson, AZ (11/30/2024)
- Patty O'Connor of Tacoma, WA (11/30/2024)
- Elizabeth Longo of Auburn, WA - in loving memory of Bunny & Frankie (11/30/2024)
- Angel Isaacson of Bellevue, WA - In memory of Zoey McLovin' (02/29/2024)
- Ona U Canfield of Sumner, WA (02/29/2024)
- Tommy Kelly of Lynnwood, WA (02/29/2024)
- Marie Goines of Seattle, WA (02/29/2024)
- Kate Lowy of Tacoma, WA (02/29/2024)
- Cristi L Williams of Puyallup, WA (11/30/2024)
- Lisa Lindstrom of Seattle, WA - Lifetime Sponsor