Enjoying a wonderful, new life with love
Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Meet Goose. This boy’s life was horrid before becoming an Old Dog Haven dog but from now on, he has a truly fantastic forever foster home. His forever foster mom tells us :
“We have named him Goose and he is a sweet boy. He was one of the 30 dogs confiscated down south and he has probably lived outside his entire life with no vet care and no idea what it is like to be someone’s pet. He was starved and left outdoors during that awful cold snap at the end of December and is really enjoying his new life inside a home.
“He was very overwhelmed and shut down on his first day home with us. He hid in a corner and stayed on a soft dog bed all day. He wouldn’t move from his corner and had no idea how to walk on a leash and he had to be carried outside to go to the bathroom. Even though he was terrified, you could tell he was thankful to be rescued and kept licking us and rolling over for belly scratches. By his second day, he slowly explored the house and with lots of encouragement and some treats, he actually ventured outside on his own.
“He seems to be settling in and spends his day napping and playing with his new toys. He is a lot like a new puppy since everything is new to him now. He seems to have some vision impairments and came into the shelter about 13 pounds underweight so he has a ways to go to get him feeling better, but we are excited to give him the love he has never had!
“He is very sweet and I just cannot imagine how awful his life has been up until now.”
Friends, your support helps us give dogs like Goose the homes they so truly deserve.
Goose is sponsored by:
- Robyn and Ken Miller of Spokane, WA in honor of Ron Kerrigan (08/31/2023)
- Charlene K Schrag of Estacada, OR in honor of families - Williams, La Rue, Bentley, Powell, Trueax, McDonald, Kirchem, Crawford (12/31/2023)
- Jill and Ryan Perovich of Redmond, WA (05/31/2023)
- Jordan Chrysafidis of Sammamish, WA - Lifetime Sponsor
- Katherine Busching & Rick Smale of Mill Creek, WA in memory of Sophie & Dee Dee (06/30/2023)
- Rebecca and Barry Ray of Coralville, IA - Lifetime Sponsor
- Emily Ryan of Vancouver, WA in memory of Shadow - Lifetime Sponsor
- Faye A Holtz of Bellevue, WA - Lifetime Sponsor
- Jean Groesbeck of Anacortes, WA - Lifetime Sponsor