Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Gordon, who seems to be a bichon frise with poodle or something a little bigger, came to ODH after his person died and the family couldn’t keep him longterm. He was quite depressed and uncertain when he arrived at his Final Refuge home, and not able to get around very far. We didn’t know if that was because of arthritis, weakness from lack of exercise, or diminished eyesight.
With time and patience from his ODH family, he’s become much more active and strong and enjoys walks as well as
supervising work on the garden. Unfortunately, our vet found a large mass in his lung with some evidence of metastasis.
Understanding that his time will no doubt be limited, his family is keeping him as comfortable as possible and enjoying his company. As they commented, “We have come to see that he is brave, mellow, courageous and optimistic – he never lets his issues interfere with doing his best.”
A true ODH dog!
Gordon is sponsored by:
- Dionne Padilla-Huddleston of Bremerton, WA (11/30/2019)
- Carlee Savage of Seattle, WA (11/30/2019)
- Linda Sterrett-Marple of Portland, OR (08/31/2020)
- Tim & Lisa Spangler of Steilacoom, WA (01/31/2020)
- Elaine Huckabee of Shoreline, WA (11/30/2019)
- In recognition of Elliott Bay Animal Hospital and in memory of Phoebe (02/29/2020)