Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
I’m Zelda. Back in 2016, I was hanging out in a house in with a bunch of other cats and dogs; not sure where the humans went. I went to a shelter, where Old Dog Haven heard about me (does that make me famous?). I was in pretty rough shape, overweight and a mouth full of really rotten teeth.
Old Dog Haven found me a nice foster family to live with and made sure I got the dental care I needed. My mouth was so bad I had to have TWO oral surgeries and five bone grafts to fix my fistulas (holes where my teeth fell out and the bone was infected).
After that, I thought I was going to get adopted, but I developed seizures. The nice thing is that I got to stay with this nice family. They don’t even mind that I’m only sort of potty trained – they put out piddle pads for me so I have a special place to ‘go’ in the house. They also give me rides up and down the stairs, since I can’t do stairs any longer.
I no longer have teeth, and just have to take a few pills every day to keep my liver healthy, prevent any more seizures, and to make my arthritis less achy.
I love to go exploring, and getting puppercinos (a cup of whip cream) from the local Dutch Bros.
Zelda is sponsored by:
- Todd Cloutier & Lara Prado of Edmonds, WA in memory of Daisy (11/30/2019)
- Aleksandra Wnek of Renton, WA (05/31/2019)
- Annie Hudson of Overland Park, KS in memory of Joanie Hamilton (12/31/2019)
- Alicia C Jackson of Anacortes, WA (06/30/2019)
- Patrick Evans of Seattle, WA (12/31/2019)
- Melinda & Jack Hirsch of Bellevue, WA in memory of Bernie (12/31/2019)
- Cheryl Isbell of Coleville, CA (06/30/2019)
- Angela Hall of San Diego, CA on behalf of Tasche Simons (12/31/2019)
- Marion Bauch of Seattle, WA (06/30/2019)
- Barbara Wittekind of Quilcene, WA (12/31/2019)
- Iris Breene Ryan (07/31/2019)
- Jeanette Heard of Everett, WA (12/31/2019)