Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Koby is a sweet and laid back 14 yr old Shih Tzu boy that came into a shelter as a stray. Sadly, the shelter staff discovered it was not his first time through the shelter, but this time his age and poor physical condition meant he was not a candidate for adoption.
When Koby arrived at his forever foster home, he was greeted by another ODH foster dog and the resident dog. Within minutes, the dogs were calmly getting acquainted and soon went for a short neighborhood walk. His new foster mom was immediately smitten with his cute pouty face and gentle nature.
Koby turns out to be nearly blind, may have poor hearing, a heart murmur, is a little on the thin side and needs a dental. He is adjusting to his new home routine and gets along well with the other dogs.
Koby enjoys napping in the sun, strolls with his new pack to check out all the smells and making sure meals are served on time.
Koby is sponsored by:
- Amanda Hartley of Mount Vernon, WA (08/31/2020)
- Mel Hill of Gold Bar, WA (06/30/2020)
- Donna Lehr of Hillsboro, OR (06/30/2020)
- Chris Lira of Flat Rock, NC (03/31/2021)
- Gary Larsen of Lynnwood, WA (03/31/2021)
- Crystal & Bob Burress of Burlington, WA in honor of my mother Joanne (07/31/2020)
- Sandra Kinoshita & Tom Glaspie of Olympia, WA in memory of Jimmy. AKA Little Jim, Joney, Junebug (05/31/2021)