Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Orion came into the shelter a pretty sad picture: VERY thin, missing hair everywhere with a red bare belly and angry-red bare throat, infected red ears, very bent hind legs signalling old ligament tears in his knees that had become arthritic. Nevertheless, this sweetheart gave low tail wags to anyone paying attention and made sure his head was in a good position for stroking.
Once on a good diet, supplements, antibiotics, medicated baths with topical treatment in between, he has started sprouting new hair and his eyes have started glowing. His xrays show terrible arthritis in many joints and in his back but with meds on board he delights in prancing around the field and rolling around in the grass. Medication stopped the itching right away and he’s eating everything in sight. This big guy may never look like a show dog but he will be a lot more comfortable!
Meanwhile, he makes sure everyone including all guests keeps up the pets – his goal is to be a Spoiled Pampered House Pet and we bet he’ll get there.
What a nice nice dog, we are thrilled to have him.
Orion is sponsored by:
- Jacqueline Ortoleva of Issaquah, WA in honor of our beloved "Boo" (02/28/2019)
- Garret Janney of Mukilteo, WA (04/30/2020)
- Jody Sherin of Marysville, WA; Kelly Schmunk of Longview, WA; Lisa Yanez of Olympia, WA; Pamela Hill of Yachats, OR; Tim & Lisa Spangler of Steilacoom, WA; Beth Laxton of Smyrna, GA in honor of my fur babies, "Molly" and "Sammy"; Gayle Larsen of Auburn, WA (04/30/2019)
- Angelina Haugstad of Mill Creek, WA; Anne Moore of Walla Walla, WA in Memory of "Ketan" our yellow lab; from Eric, Daniela, Buddy, Diesel & Scout Freeborg; Debbie Sawatxky of Marysville, WA; Erin OBrien of Tahoe Vista, CA; Jody Sherin of Marysville, WA (04/30/2019)
- David Phelps of Spokane, WA (08/31/2019)
- Melinda Perrigoue of Lake Stevens, WA (04/30/2019)
- Georgia Lindquist of Bellevue, WA in memory of "Molly" (11/30/2019)
- Donna Shepard of Seattle, WA in memory of "Bear" (06/30/2019)