Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Pearl, a Leonberger or maybe Pyrennes/moose mix weighs in at about 90 lbs. Apparently she spent part of her life in Tennessee and her first vet visit disclosed tapeworms, blindness in her left eye due to an eye tumor and heart worm. So began the heart worm treatment and the pain of restricted physical activity – we could hear her scratch the door when left behind on walks with the other dog. But now, treatment completed, Pearl LOVES going on walks and smelling not just the roses but everything she encounters.
She’s also more than a little food motivated, elevating meal time to national holiday status. Tall enough to get her paws on the counter and happy to nab some food from a plate if our attention is diverted, we’ve had to be careful about protecting the people food.
An expert napper, Pearl can snooze anywhere and anytime but particularly enjoys nestling in the chair near her Mom’s work desk and interrupting phone conversations with her snoring.
She also truly loves petting. If you stop, she will nudge with your nose or paw until you start again. A big furry love bug!
Attached are several photos. One shows her trying to squeeze through the cat door of a baby gate to get to food in the kitchen. The black dog in the photo is our senior dog, Zeke. He and Pearl like napping together on the couch, next to the bed, in my home office, or in the kitchen – basically anywhere and everywhere!
Pearl the Leonberger is sponsored by:
- Jill Eastes of Seattle, WA; Linda Talley of Greenbank, WA; Linda Sterrett-Marple of Portland, OR (02/28/2021)
- Pamela Masse of Seattle, WA (08/31/2021)
- Katherine Busching & Richard Smale of Mill Creek, WA in memory of Sophie & Dee Dee (05/31/2021)
- Robert Pregulman of Denver, CO
- Jill & Eric Coday of Yelm, WA (10/31/2020)
- Wanda & Dan Preston of Mineola, TX (11/30/2020)
- Philip Jones of Olympia, WA (11/30/2020)
- Gayle Larsen of Tacoma, WA (02/28/2021)
- John Strampher of Puyallup, Washington in memory of "Maisie”, “Mia”, “Buffy”, “Ebby” & “Duchess" (01/31/2021)
- Holly Jones of Yorkville, IL (04/30/2021)