Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
At ODH’s request, we picked Posey up at a shelter to have her evaluated at a vet. The plan was that we would then return her to the shelter and see if ODH could find a foster for her.
Well, after we met her, we didn’t want to return her and asked if we could keep her until after she had surgery to remove a large tumor. So…guess what happened then? Posey was soo sweet and kind. She fit in to our home amongst the 6 littles so well AND was super around the chickens and horses, that we put in a request to keep her as a Final Refuge dog for ODH. We were thrilled when the request was granted!!!
Posey was scheduled for surgery on to remove the large pendulous tumor however the day before, she managed to treat herself to a package of Macadamia nuts. Standard treatment failed to make her vomit so off to the vet we went. She recovered just fine, and the surgery was postponed until the following week! All went well and she is able to move so much better. Also her ears will require ongoing treatment and are thickened from hematomas. She has various lumps and bumps on her as well but her tail NEVER quits wagging!
Posey has some separation anxiety but no destruction with it. She is so happy when we return. She must have had a family that maybe just couldn’t deal with the medical issues. She is good on a leash, knows how to use a dog door and was found sleeping on the couch the first night we had her. She is also the PERFECT farm dog!!!
We were so in love with her from day one. We are honored to be able to give her a final home. Thank you ODH.
Posey is sponsored by:
- Susana Ortiz of Issaquah, WA (01/31/2021)
- Annika Mito of Shoreline, WA (12/31/2020)
- Amanda Rubel of Seattle, WA in memory of Jem (05/31/2021)
- Nancy Pesci of Olympia, WA - Lifetime
- Tremaine Houck of Seattle, WA in memory of Penny, Miko and Lenny (01/31/2021)
- Linda Erickson of Seattle, WA (02/28/2021)
- the two black dogs, the yellow dog and the red dog (05/31/2021)
- Alice Elizabeth Hart of Olympia, WA (08/31/2020)
- Paul Blackburn of Mount Vernon, WA