Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Princess Bella truly is a princess, and is being treated appropriately in her ODH home! She came into a big shelter as a “stray”, with ear canals swollen shut, terrible teeth, and hypermature cataracts that have made her functionally blind.
One of the eyes had a lens that had moved to the back that increased her risk for future glaucoma. Both eyes were treated by an ophthalmologist to help prevent glaucoma and to prevent the other lens from moving. Princess Bella also had a dental and treatment for her terrible allergies.
Using eye drops we were able to keep her eyes comfortable for a while. Sadly Princess Bella had to have both eye removed and the Maranda Fund covered her procedure. But nothing gets “The Princess”down. She is a wonderful friend to her foster Mom, gets around very well and loves any kind of gentle attention.
We hope she has many more years living a comfortable and happy life.
Princess Bella is sponsored by:
- Jennifer Aleksich of Arcadia, CA (12/31/2020)
- Diane Burk of Tacoma, WA in memory of Abby (11/30/2021)
- Kellean Foster of Olympia, WA (03/31/2021)
- Linda Lundy of Algona, WA - her mom who loves her very much! (11/30/2021)
- Jill Eastes of Seattle, WA (11/30/2021)
- Tina & Mike Davis of Everett, WA (04/30/2021)
- Susana Ortiz of Issaquah, WA (11/30/2021)