Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
This is dear Max.
Max was surrendered to a shelter at 15, scared, in pain, and with horrible teeth. He landed in an Old Dog Haven home with four Boston Terriers and life began to improve for him.
Max kept to himself in the beginning but his new human always made sure he was a part of this family/tribe. He slept on her bed, ate with the pack and learned about the dog door to the huge backyard. Max wore a fleece to keep warm and enjoyed a comfy bed by the fire.
Now Max is a different dog. The blank stare in his eyes is gone. He is bright, attentive and participatory. He shows up, he knows he counts and he has confidence. He had all his teeth removed and is on meds and is no longer in pain.
His foster Mom says, “he trusts me implicitly and stares at me with loving eyes. I adore this little man!”
Max is sponsored by:
- Mike & Andrea Akeroyd of Bellevue, WA In loving memory of our baby girl Kona (aka Coco) (08/31/2021)
- Cathy Carelli of Kernersville, NC in memory of our Max (11/30/2020)
- Corliss Serka of Tacoma, WA (10/31/2020)
- Victoria Savage of Bellingham, WA (08/31/2021)
- Richard West of Bellingham, WA in memory of my Max the cattle dog (11/30/2020)
- Cisley Spielman and Scott Schwendinger of Port Orchard, WA in memory of "Ozzy"