Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
When we visit off-leash dog parks Teddy can be found on the opposite side of the enclosure as his sisters bark and bark at other dogs. We surmise he is embarrassed by their behavior and doesn’t want anyone to know he is associated with them. Because of his kind nature Teddy is also the only dog in the house that our cat feels comfortable rubbing up against.
Besides his failing vision and hearing Teddy has developed pancreatitis. Despite being on a special low-fat diet (an absolute insult to an epicurean such as himself) he has occasional and painful flare-ups. Recently, an episode was so severe that it required a four-day stay at a veterinary specialty center. Thankfully the Maranda Fund was used to cover Teddy’s treatment and stay. When he got home Teddy was gaunt and listless but within a week he was back to his jaunty self.
For an 18-year-old Teddy is amazingly agile. Despite having limited vision he can still go on adventures around the yard and use the dog ramp to the back deck. There is still a sparkle in those cloudy eyes and the optimism of someone who truly believes muffin crumbs might just fall today.
We are so appreciative of Old Dog Haven, the Maranda Fund and our supporters for the care Teddy has received that keeps him an enthusiastic member of our pack.
Teddy is sponsored by:
- Ashley Forsyth of Laguna Beach, CA (09/30/2021)
- Deanna Woodruff of Sammamish, WA (10/31/2021)
- Sherry & John Douceur of Bellevue, WA (10/31/2021)
- Sam Mcafee of Marysville, WA (10/31/2022)
- Erica Farnsworth of Mountlake Terrace, WA in memory of our boy, Simon Beyer Farnsworth - Lifetime
- Shane Somerville & Adam Felker of Everett, WA (06/30/2021)
- Kathie S. Nunes of Lakewood, WA Myrtle, a little Pekingese friend who lived in England and was an inspiration to many (04/30/2022)