Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Ulysses was left at a shelter for the second time in just a few years, with a poor coat, a growth on his gum, and supposedly dribbling urine. (SO often it’s really accidents in the house that send a dog to the shelter.) Shelter staff asked ODH to take on a handsome pit-lab mix with a very quiet nature. Medication helped the dribbling and his “old man cough” has faded.
He has some evidence of liver disease and arthritis in his spine but, after a dental and some real TLC with a friendly group of dogs and cats, he’s a new man! His enthusiasm for exploring has gotten him into trouble, but he also does a lot of sleeping as befits a gentleman of a certain age – no matter how youthful he feels.
Mostly he enjoys being loved, well cared for, and wanted.
Ulysses is sponsored by:
- LuAna & Ricky Boykins of Kennesaw, GA (12/31/2018)
- Debora Kirchner of Redmond, WA for Janet Wainwright (12/31/2018)
- Anne-Marie & Ira Worden of Kirkland WA in honor of Mary, Ken, and "Ziva" Niles (11/30/2018)
- Karen Zook of Yakima, WA for Brian Tustiso (11/30/2018)
- Shannon VanSenus and Mike Izumi of Shoreline, WA (11/30/2019)
- Andrea J RisCassi of Bellingham, WA for AJ'a birthday in memory of her dear fur pal "Stony" (10/31/2018)
- Alex Campbell of Denver, CO (02/28/2019)
- Elizabeth Groff of Phoenix, AZ in memory of "Tisha" (08/31/2018)
- ABH of Chicago, IL in honor of my sisters in law (06/30/2019)
- Diana Kushner of Mukilteo, WA in memory of "Nova Lena"- (10/31/2018)