Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Agatha was found stray when it was snowy and cold. She was taken into the local animal shelter where she quickly became a staff and volunteer favorite because of her sweet, gentle nature. She was thought to be about 15 years old, had severe dental disease, a loud heart murmur and significant arthritis.
The shelter contacted Old Dog Haven and Agatha was welcomed into the Old Dog Haven family, and she now lives with her ODH forever foster family. Thanks to Old Dog Haven, Agatha had a thorough veterinary check-up; she required a specialist cardiology review to check her suitability for the extensive dental surgery she needed.
Fortunately, the cardiologist gave surgery the go-ahead and Agatha had 25 rotten teeth removed. She was also started on medication for her arthritis. Agatha is now happy as can be; she enjoys her food, short walks, long naps, and being in the warm. She dislikes rain and possums. She lives with her foster family, dog brother and 2 cats. She is adored by her foster family, who are very grateful that ODH brought Agatha into their lives.
Agatha is sponsored by:
- Liz Leger of Oakland, CA in memory of Bob, Friend and OHD final refuge dad (11/30/2020)
- Karen Hogle of Shoreline, WA In Honor of our Seattle Guide Dogs for the Blind puppy club co-leader Heidi Hespelt
- Robin Hagen of Issaquah, WA (12/31/2020)
- Marla Ballentine of Auburn, WA (12/31/2020)
- Kathryn Toepel & Rick Minor of Eugene, OR in honor of our daughter, Kelsey Minor, and her dog Ralph (12/31/2020)
- Katherine Busching & Richard Smale of Mill Creek, WA in memory of Sophie & DeeDee (02/28/2022)
- Nancy Norris and Ed Clark of Everett, WA (06/30/2020)